Thursday 21 March 2013

5, Other Ideas

I have been trying to think of other ideas, I have considered selling up, and buying a mobile home on a park. They are quite costly these days to buy, but I would be mortgage free [or there abouts!]. I would still need to work, and probably be just as skint as I currently am.
If I was to do this, I wouldn't live anywhere near to where I am right now, which would mean a change of job, getting to know a new area, and kitting it out in my own style etc.
But, I could simply end up as I am, just in another place. I would have to keep the car, for visiting family and friends...  and what if I didn't like the area or the neighbours after a time? That 'stuck' feeling would just follow me about, as it has for years.

A house boat would be nice, but that comes with its own problems. Again, they are expensive.

A caravan and something to pull it also appeals to me. But to go shopping, visiting or to work would leave the caravan at the mercy of any dickhead that passes by.

So, still thinking all of this through. I like the look and the idea of a Motorhome.

I would need to get my house valued properly, before I made any decision. Then I would need to sell a lot of my stuff, and start thinking what I NEED to take, rather than what I WANT to take.
I would also need somewhere to park it whilst I save some cash, and that would give me the time to kit it out with a burner etc.

At the moment this all sounds too much hassle, but also very exciting!!!!!!!!!

Well, so far, the few people [about half a dozen] that I have told about my potential plans, seem to think that its a good idea. Most say 'go for it'.
I think there is a bit of a nomadic traveller streak in all of us really. I have been classed as a 'Hippy' forever, so the life of a new age traveller really appeals to me. I can see myself being happy living this new life, and life really should be all about happiness, shouldn't it?

Today, I have been doing a little research, looking at park-ups, thinking about Motorhomes and the lay out that would work for me. I have watched a few videos about living off grid, doing washing, cooking etc. I have even been working out what it is likely to cost me to buy a Motorhome, kit it out as I require it, and even worked out the likely yearly cost, if I am to pursue this travelling life.
The more I think of it, the more real it becomes!!

I think, when I have the time and energy, I will spend the weekends tidying and decorating my house, then I shall be ready to have it valued...then make a firm decision.
                                                                                                                                                                     

                    Wherever you go - go with all your heart.                                                                          Peace -x-

2 comments: